Every language has its own set of profanities and you’re bound to encounter one in daily conversations. Spanish language in particular has a rich vocabulary of swear words and the cursing can be quite colorful and creative!
Here in this article, we’ll share with you some Spanish swear words. But a quick word of caution though: if you’re one who easily gets offended OR YOU ARE A MINOR, stay away because there are some vulgar terms up ahead. Some of the words (okay, most of the words) in the list can be quite offensive to some, and this whole article starting from this point contains explicit language.
But if you’re not easily offended, go right ahead and check out the list of Spanish curse words.
Now, without further talk, check out below the list of Spanish swear words and phrases. First, you’ll see the simpler ones, but scroll down until the end. It’s where the more expressive vulgarities can be found.
|Spanish curse words||English Translation or Equivalent|
|2||carajo||fuck; damn it|
|6||hijo de puta||son of a bitch/ motherfucker|
|10||hijo de perra||son of a bitch|
|26||lame botas||ass kisser|
|27||vete al demonio||go to hell|
|31||cabrón||bastard, asshat, dick|
|32||Tonto del culo|
|an idiot of the ass; dumb|
|33||Puta madre||fucking mother; motherfucker; fucking great|
You have just scrolled through 33 of the milder cursing. Now get ready to go extreme. Here are the full sentence swearing to be used only on extreme scenarios.
34. Que te jodan. It is used in Spain as something similar to 'fuck you'.
35. Me cago en... is also used in Spain. It means "I shit on..."
All of it sounds hair-raisingly vulgar, right?
“Me cago en…” can also be used in other ways such as:
And the one that tops it all:
36. Que te folle un pez. (also used in Spain). It means "I hope you get fucked by a fish". (I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, that’s for sure)
37. Que te den. Up yours. This is used like ‘fuck you’. (also used in Spain)
38. Que te den por culo. Also used like 'fuck you' same as the previous one, and also mainly used in Spain.
Phew. That was quite a list, wasn’t it? The Spanish sure know how to say a curse word or two.
Once again, you can download the list in PDF format by signing up below.
Do you know any other colorful Spanish swear words that we missed on this article? Do share in the comments!